Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Update 5

Been a while! Going to college and getting a job got in the way of this project.

I got quite two main things done since the last update.

  • Found out that the only pickup that I can use with the pickguard without modifying it is the Fender "Wide Range". Can't use any other because of the mounting brackets/screws. Originals (from the seventies) are around $500-800. The Reissue pups are around $120, but I was able to get one from my local music store for $104.00 (someone had ordered one and never picked it up) which I'll use in bridge position. The neck pup is on it's way from ebay, which cost me $90.00 shipped. These bastards aren't cheap!
  • I bought an EDEN neck from ebay, $60.00 shipped. It arrived today. As you can see from the picture, It doesn't have the fender emblem or style, but I don't give a shit since it was way cheaper and after all this IS a custom guitar. The quality of this neck is pretty awesome. I had some spare tuning keys from a broken twelve string so I used those.


There's still a ton of things left to do, but for now I'm focusing on routing out the neck pocket. That's the tough part. Once that's done, I've got to order more parts, wire the electronics, lacquer the body and put it all together.

Stay tuned, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment