Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update 1 (planning, lumber)

The Guitbox


To the left is the design I have in mind for my project guitar. It's basically a '72 fender telecaster deluxe with a P-94 in the neck and whatever else I can find for the bridge (the Wide Range is very expensive, but would be ideal). The idea is for this to keep me busy (slack semester), not to be finished ASAP; I don't see this thing being done until the end of summer at least.

The neck will be from Eden, I've seen them and I think they're awesome and you just can't beat their price (around 60-80$ on ebay).

As for the rest, we'll see.







The wood:

Today I went and got a piece of black walnut from this guy. 20$ for 5 feet long by 6 1/2 inches wide by 2 inches thick. Pretty sweet.

The middle will be Northern Ash, which I already bought from my buddy for 10$.





The following are the intial concept draft (up) and my plans to make the slab (down).




The slab will be 14 inches wide by 20 inches long by 1.5 inches thick. The body itself won't be that wide or tall, but I wanted to give myself alot of breathing room.


Tommorow (if I'm lucky) I'll take the wood to a planer and maybe even get the pieces all glued together. Very exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment